Thursday, November 2, 2017

Halloween & other photos

Just came back from a great couple of days with a group of PCVs in our friend Michael's site - we celebrated Halloween and went to Cody's community to finish building a memorial. Before that I hosted a little celebration for the kids in my own community.

I'm in a rush to get up to my site before the rains so these are in completely random order!

Dionicio & Pricila

Probably the most tranquilemente they've ever shared popcorn

 My friend Kevin's sweeeeet house in Peña Blanca

"Garden of Values" in Llano Tugri

Stomping in a rice tank

Drawing after English class

Meritre sribire ngitraben! (women work with machetes)

Amazing sunset at my house one day

 Working or gossiping?!

CABRAS

 3/4 of squad going to watch a soccer tournament

"I'm a gringo"

Domingo helping out reading part of the history of Halloween to the trick-or-treaters

Some of the awesome masks the kids made!

Dionicio was my walking garbage can for the trick-or-treaters

 Dulce o travesura!

Probably the most intricate mask 

Walking from Cerro Miel to Cerro Gavilán

Incredible waterfall in Cerro Gavilán. After this photo, we swam!

Abuela Petra preparing pita to make into chacara string

 Jack-o-lantern, Panama-style. After this, I cut up this pumpkin and made soup of it!

 Painting my Halloween costume on the porch

We made a mosaic cross memorial out of old glass bottles and concrete in Cody's (Tächi in Ngäbere) site.

Yawn caught on camera

Chelo. Siempre sassy.

No comments:

Post a Comment