Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Unas Novelas

Just a quick post, a list of books I’ve read during Peace Corps that have been inspirational and/or eye-opening (definitely not a complete list of what I’ve read). Books that captivated me, resonated in me, spoke to my heart in some way. Chicken Soup for the Peace Corps Volunteer’s Soul, if you will. Listed in the order that I read them. Enjoy!
  1. The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini
  2. Eat Pray Love - Elizabeth Gilbert
  3. An Indigenous People’s History of the United States - Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz
  4. What is the What - Dave Eggers
  5. What the Dog Saw - Malcolm Gladwell
  6. Uncle Tom’s Cabin - Harriet Beecher Stowe
  7. Blindness - José Saramago
  8. Cutting for Stone - Abraham Verghese
  9. The Poisonwood Bible - Barbara Kingsolver
  10. Confessions of an Economic Hitman - John Perkins (this book blew my mind, I think it’s a must-read for anyone who does development work, particularly in Latin America)
  11. Americanah - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
  12. The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao - Junot Diaz
  13. Becoming - Michelle Obama
  14. The Audacity of Hope - Barack Obama
  15. Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance - Robert Pirsig


No comments:

Post a Comment